HandBrake is a free and open-source video converter developed in 2003 by Eric Petit. Using HandBrake for Windows XP, you can convert almost any type of video format including BluRay, DVD to many other popular multimedia formats. HandBrake 0.9.9 is the final version supported by Windows XP PC. Download HandBrake 0.9.9 for Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit here.
HandBrake is quite simple to use and you can reduce video size with only a few clicks. The main feature of HandBrake software that I like the most is the quality of the output video. HandBrake can reduce the output video size from 50% to 80% compared to the original video without losing the video quality.
Feature of Handbrake:
Built-in Device Presets
Handbrake let’s choose a profile optimized for your device or choose a universal profile for standard or high-quality conversions so that you can start converting your video in seconds. Simple, easy, fast.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
The following out formats are supported by Handbrake:
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9, and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC, and MP3 tracks
Even more features: Some other useful features of this free media converter are:
- Title/chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping, and scaling
- Live Static and Video Preview
Other software for Windows XP:
System requirements to run HandBrake 0.9.9:
The following is the minimum level of hardware that HandBrake supports. Although it may be technically possible to run this application on lower and older hardware than the minimum requirements
- Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista (64-bit and 32 bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 or later (Download .Net Framework)
- VLC is recommended for previewing/playing media files.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2, or higher
- Free Memory:
- 256 MB for transcoding standard definition video
- 1 GB for transcoding high definition video
- 2 GB or more for transcoding 4K video
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768 or higher
- 50 MB for the application.
- 2 GB or more is recommended to process and store new videos.
You can download the HandBrake Video Converter version 0.9.9 for Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) using the links below. It is the last version to support Windows XP.
Download HandBrake for Windows XP, Vista:
HandBrake 0.9.9 (32-bit)
DOWNLOAD version: 0.9.9, Size: 13.2 MB
HandBrake 0.9.9 (64-bit)
DOWNLOAD Latest Version, Size: 13.6 MB