What is HandBrake?
HandBrake is an open-source transcoder designed specifically for video files. HandBrake 64-bit for Windows 10, 11 lets you rip videos from a DVD to a user-specified data storage device. The program is compatible with multiple video formats including Intel Quick Sync Video, MPEG-2, etc. In terms of audio formats, the program supports Advanced Video Coding, AC-3, FLAC, Vorbis, Opeus, and several other applications.
A popular feature that HandBrake offers is hardware acceleration, while transcoding makes it possible for users to customize the output by manipulating the file size or bit rate. Batch encoding is supported through the program’s graphical interface to use various third-party scripts.
Is HandBrake Free to Use?
If you are searching for free and effective video converter software for your Windows 64-bit PC, you can try the HandBrake video transcoder to convert videos easily. HandBrake is a free and open-source video file transcoder or simply a video converter. On this page, we are sharing HandBrake 64-bit Download links for Windows computers.
This video transcoder is originally developed in 2003 by Eric Petit. Using this free video converter, you can convert almost any type of video format including BluRay, and DVD to many other popular multimedia formats. HandBrake’s new version supports almost all versions of Windows 32 and 64-bit operating systems. HandBrake 64-bit Download for Windows 11, 10, 8, and Windows 7 PC.
HandBrake 64-bit is quite simple to use and you can reduce video size with only a few clicks. The main feature of HandBrake software that I like the most is the quality of the output video. HandBrake can reduce the output video size from 50% to 80% compared to the original video without losing the video quality.
Feature of HandBrake:
Built-in Device Presets
Handbrake lets you get started with the app in seconds by choosing a profile optimized for your device or choosing a universal profile for standard or high-quality conversions. Simple, easy, fast. For those that want more choice, tweak many basic and advanced options to improve your encodes.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
The following formats are supported by Handbrake:
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9, and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC, and MP3 tracks
Even more features: Some other useful features of this free media converter are:
- Title/chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping, and scaling
- Live Static and Video Preview
You can download HandBrake Video Converter for Windows 7, 10, and 11 (32-bit and 64-bit) versions as well as for Mac OS from its official site using the download links below.
Alternatives: Any Video Converter, Format Factory 32-bit
Download HandBrake 64-bit for Windows 11, 10
Or get it for other versions of Windows:
HandBrake 32-bit for Windows 7
version: 1.0.7, Size: 9.62 MB
Download HandBrake for Windows XP:
Download Handbrake for Mac OS (Mac 10.7 and later):
Download (Intel 64, Size: 20 MB)
System requirements to run HandBrake 64-bit:
The following is the minimum level of hardware that HandBrake supports. Although it may be technically possible to run this application on lower and older hardware than the minimum requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 or later (Download .Net Framework)
- VLC is recommended for previewing/playing media files.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2, or higher
- Free Memory:
- 256 MB for transcoding standard-definition video
- 1 GB for transcoding high-definition video
- 2 GB or more for transcoding 4K video
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768 or higher
- 50 MB for the application.
- 2 GB or more is recommended to process and store new videos.