What is GIMP?
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a free, open-source image editing application for Windows PC that has gained fame for being an exceedingly good alternative to Adobe Photoshop. It is completely free to download and use and it is an advantage that it has over industry-standard graphic design and art software such as Photoshop, which often have substantial price tags. GIMP is a multi-platform image editing software available for Windows, Mac, and some other operating systems.
It is one of the most powerful and feature-rich free graphics editing software in the world and that’s why it is considered the best free alternative to the Adobe Photoshop program. The GIMP download links for Windows PC are here. Download GIMP for Windows 11, 10, and 7 (32 and 64-bit) PC here for free.
GIMP has a lot of advanced features to help users like graphic designers, photographers, or illustrators to create and edit and convert images according to their requirements. It is one of the best free photo editing software computers. The latest GIMP setup supports both Windows 32 and 64-bit platforms. Get GIMP from its official site using the direct download links listed on this page.
Features of GIMP for Windows PC:
- GIMP is a highly customizable program. You can customize it according to your work environment. You can customize the widget theme, icon color, size, full-screen mode, etc.
- It has a set of pre-installed plugins that provide different highly customizable editing features and you also can extend these features by using external plugins from its Plugin Registry.
- It allows you to enhance your digital photograph by fixing issues like perspective distortion, eliminating lens barrel distortion, and vignetting using different tools and filters.
- This photo editor supports different file formats like JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, and many other formats and this capability can be extended using a plug-in.
- It is a cross-platform application that can be run on different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X (Mac OS 10.9 and later), Linux, etc.
GIMP Download for Windows:
This is an all-in-one installer containing the following versions of GIMP: x86 32-bit, 64-bit, and ARM 64-bit (experimental). It will automatically install the appropriate version. Download Gimp for Windows PC from below:
Download GIMP for Mac:
Similar Graphics Designing Apps
Download GIMP older versions:
Download for Windows (Size: 56 MB)
Download for Mac (Size: 56 MB, Version 2.10.4)
Download for Windows (Size: 85 MB, Version 2.8)
Download for Mac (Size: 56 MB, Version 2.8)
It provides top-notch color management features to ensure high-fidelity color reproduction across digital and printed media. It is an open-source image editing software and you can download and use it without any cost. The links to download GIMP for Windows PC are listed above. These are official download links and you can direct download GIMP for Windows PC free from its official website using these links.