What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is a program for communication with contacts. It supports voice notes, pictures, videos, documents, and more. It’s a great way to avoid annoying prices for text messaging. Using WhatsApp on your PC, you can send free text messages, audio, video, and documents to anyone anywhere, as well as make free voice calls to anyone in the world from WhatsApp to WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp logo (Image source)
It is packed with many features, like sending sms, pictures, voice notes, and documents, videos. Also, WhatsApp strengthens the list by adding things like location sharing, encrypted messages, video calls, and business profiles. WhatsApp has become the most popular free messenger app in the world.
WhatsApp was founded by two former Yahoo employees namely Brian Acton and Jan Koum in 2009. After many research and development, WhatsApp became one of the popular messenger apps within a few years and in 2014, WhatsApp has acquired by Facebook. According to a report by www.statista.com, now WhatsApp has become the most popular global mobile messenger app in the world as of July 2018.
WhatsApp for Windows Computer:
Initially, the program is only available for mobile platforms. But later, the developers extended its support for Windows PC and Mac. In 2016, WhatsApp become available for Windows and Mac operating systems and now you can download WhatsApp for Windows PC and use this free messenger app on your computer. Additionally, WhatsApp must be installed on your phone to use on your PC.
To use WhatsApp services on your PC, you need to download the WhatsApp installer for Windows PC. And, after installing the app on your Windows PC, you can send free text messages, share photos and videos, and much more. On this page, you can download the WhatsApp installer for Windows PC from its official site. It supports PC running Windows 11, 10, 8, and Windows 7. The WhatsApp installer is available for both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit computers.
The WhatsApp web and desktop application is an extension of your WhatsApp account on your phone. Messages you send and receive are synced, and you can view your messages seamlessly across all devices. You can use up to four linked devices and one phone at a time.
Main features of WhatsApp messenger:
- A free messenger app to send free text messages through the internet.
- The user can format their text messages before sending them.
- It is very reliable and very simple to use.
- Supports hundreds of cute smilies/emoticons and you can add these symbols to your text message.
- Provides free voice calling to anyone through the internet.
- It also provides free video calling to anyone all over the world. It only requires an active internet connection. Hence data charges may apply.
- WhatsApp allows you to share photos, videos, audio, etc free with friends and family.
- You can record audio messages and send them to anyone instantly.
- You can also send and share documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, slideshows, etc. The maximum size limit of any document to 100MB.
- Location Sharing is another best feature provided by WhatsApp. You can instantly send your map location to anyone.
- Group chatting now becomes easier through WhatsApp. WhatsApp allows the user to create groups and up to 256 people can be added to a group and you can share any messages, photos, and videos with the group members.
- WhatsApp allows you to back up your messages including images and videos to google drive you can also restore your message’s letter.
- Delete for Everyone: this feature allows WhatsApp users to delete their sent messages within 1 hour at both ends.
- No third-party ads.
- Security: security is one of the best parts of the WhatsApp app. WhatsApp uses end to end encryption to encrypt messages between users.
And, if you want to use WhatsApp on PC, then your PC must have Windows 8 and higher versions (64-bit and 32-bit) or Mac OS X 10.9 and later versions.
- Name: WhatsApp Messenger
- Publisher: WhatsApp Inc.
- Category: Messenger
- License: Free
- OS Support: Windows, Mac OS
- Size: —
- Version: Latest Version
Download WhatsApp for Windows PC:
Download WhatsApp 32-bit version (Size: 120 MB)
Download WhatsApp 64-bit version (Size: 155 MB)
Download WhatsApp for Mac:
Download for Mac OS X 10.9+ (Size: 112 MB)
Download WhatsApp for your Android Phone:
By using these download links, you can download WhatsApp for your Windows PC directly from the official site of WhatsApp messenger.